Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Did I just hear "Going Home" ??


Whew the last couple days have been BUSY!  Besides getting minimal sleep (as all parents experience with a newborn), we have had a revolving door here at the hospital with getting started with the discharge process.  We have had lots of evaluations, watched safety videos, reviewed how to give Finley his medication (just Lasix - a diuretic), caring for his incision site, hearing test, scheduling doctor appointments that we have to come to over the next week and so much more.  I feel like my head is swimming and I am going to forget something.  But guess what?  It really doesn't matter because, we get to take our baby boy home after only TWO WEEKS post delivery!  How amazing is that?
The main goal to be released home was for Finley to gain weight.  He definitely held up his side of the bargain and has been drinking milk - about 2-3 oz at every feeding.  The requirements was about 1/2 - 1 ounce of weight gain in one day and Finley gained 3 ounces!  Wooo Hooo!  
We are so excited to pack up and start what we know to be our normal life as a family of four.  I personally cannot wait for Olivia to meet Finn.  She is going to be so excited!

I keep thinking to myself that his surgery was WEEKS ago, but really it was only 7 days ago?  Babies and children are amazing little things, that heal so quickly.  I am so blessed that I am able to supply Finn with lots of healthy antibody, calorie rich milk, there is no shortage of that right now! 
Here is a brief overview with pics of what we have been up to the last 24 hours:

Finn's first facetime video!  He was wishing his cousin Joe a happy birthday :)
Dinner at Luna's Living Kitchen - One of my FAVORITE places to eat!  RAW healthy, plant based food, YUM!  Kombucha as my drink of choice, of course!

Aunties are the best at manicures!  Finn was NOT a fan!

Speech Therapy evaluating Finn's drinking coordination

Occupational therapy working with Finn, he passed with flying colors!
Sweet Dreams :) 

Feeding Finn "side lying" to encourage safe swallowing. 

I cannot get enough of his sweet long fingers and hands.  He has me all wrapped up with both hands!
Time to burp!

AND last but not least a 90 minute car seat assessment to monitor Finn's oxygen stats while sitting in the car seat prior to the drive home.  He passed!
We are all exhausted!  Time for bed! 
xoxoxo Dana

 

2 comments: